Comprehensive SUD Care
This ECHO project connects healthcare providers and other care team members to a community of peers and subject-matter experts from Buckeye Health Plan, Ohio University, and Ohio federally qualified health centers (FQHCs) to address patients’ complex health needs related to substance use disorders. The multidisciplinary faculty team will apply a trauma-informed, harm reduction philosophy of care to treating patients with substance use disorders.
- Project a harm reduction philosophy of care into your treatment of patients experiencing substance use disorders and explain this concept to peers.
- Utilize the care team more effectively to improve the management of patients experiencing substance use disorders.
- Use motivational interviewing and other behavioral techniques to improve patient outcomes related to substance use disorders.
- Better differentiate and implement medication management strategies for patients experiencing substance use disorders.
- Illustrate trauma-informed practices in the screening, assessment, and treatment of patients experiencing substance use disorders.
- Describe and manage common co-occurring conditions and polysubstance use more effectively in patients experiencing substance use disorders.
- Distinguish and address factors related to social determinants of health faced by specific populations experiencing substance use disorders.
- For more information, please contact: Andriene Gaudette, Program Specialist, at GaudetA@chc1.com